8th EED Conference is being postponed and will take place
from the 29th of June to the 2nd of July, 2021 in NAPOLI (IT)
The Euro-Evo-Devo Society has been closely monitoring the developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic to assess the impact on the 8th Meeting of the European Society for Evolutionary Developmental Biology, scheduled for 7-10 July 2020, at the Stazione Marittima Congress Centre, Napoli, Italy.
As you are aware, the situation has worsened rapidly as the number of infections has increased in numerous countries worldwide, leading to travel bans and restrictions on hosting of events and congresses by governments and health authorities.
The Italian Minister of Health has now released an official statement recommending suspension of all congresses, conferences and seminars in Italy involving healthcare professionals. In accordance with this decision and the guidance provided by health authorities around the world, the EED Executive Committee, the local organizers and the event management have decided to postpone the conference at this time. The 8th EED Conference is being postponed, and the new dates have been set for 29th of June to 2nd of July 2021 at the Stazione Marittima Congress Centre, Napoli, Italy.
For our sponsors and registrants, we note the following:
- If you are a sponsor, your sponsorship package will be maintained according to your current booking. Our sponsorship team will be in close contact with you over the coming weeks and months to ensure that your booked items are carefully implemented according to the new dates. Please note there are no changes to session room or Exhibition area.
- The programme remains as it is currently scheduled. If you are holding a symposium or abstract and need to make any changes to the content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have already registered for the Conference, your registrations are automatically maintained for the new dates, with the same conditions.
- If you have already registered for the Conference and you won’t attend the conference due the new dates, we do arrange for reimbursement of your registration fee.
- If you have made your hotel booking, we highly recommend you to contact the hotel in order to provide the management with the modification of your stay.
- For travel arrangements that were already booked, we recommend that you contact your travel agency or flight company as soon as possible to modify your booking.
The EED Society would like to thank all of the Conference delegates, members and supporters for their cooperation and understanding during this extraordinary and difficult time. We are working hard to ensure that the 8th Meeting of the European Society for Evolutionary Developmental Biology will be a success, and we look forward to welcoming you in 2021!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these arrangements, do not hesitate to contact us.